Wednesday 31 May 2017

Seattle Days 1, 2 & 3 18th, 19th & 20th May

What a beautiful city Seattle is. I had a fabulous 5 days there with my friends. Scott and Tinker decided my visit was a good reason for them to have a "staycation" and show me the sights. We stayed in a gorgeous apartment with views of Seattle.


The first day was spent wandering around downtown Seattle and doing a tour of the underground. In downtown Seattle there is an older city right under the new one! Here's a random selection of the days pics.







Next day Tinker and I set off for a visit to the Colombia Tower to see Seattle from the top of the tallest building.




Then it was off for a visit to Pike Markets. Had a great time wandering around, watching salmon being thrown from one of the seafood stalls, eating huge fresh prawns, buying tulips and eating an extremely good pirozhki. I think one of Tinkers favourite things to do is eat, so of course I had to follow her great example.





Next day Scott was the tour guide and we drove around Washington Bay, then onto Fremont to visit a troll and a bike shop. Of course we had to stop at Moo Malone's for icecream (that was Tinks idea of course!). I had the most delicious honey and lavender icecream with lemon curd topping. It was soooo good.




Interspersed in all this was visiting Scott and Tinkers favourite cafes and restaurants. We went to see a band called The Sunshine Junkies and I even got up and danced! Also lots of time spent sitting on the terrace with a glass of red wine and talking....making the most of the short time we have together.
My first impressions of Seattle are that it is a vibrant, interesting city and a great place to people watch! Its also an amazingly beautiful city.
Here's just a few random pics of things I liked and thankyou Tink for letting me use some of your photos. We take a picture of the same thing and hers often looks better!











2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time you are having Lindy. Makes me keen to see Seattle too. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindy so pleased you have begun the Great Adventure Love following your blog and look forward to your updates Great photos - thanks for sharing Mary and Philip (Jafas)

    ReplyDelete